“From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised…” – Psalm 113:3
God paints a sunrise that’s worthy of our praise! At sunrise, the Psalmist calls for the name of the LORD to be the object of our praise, “LORD” here is “Yahweh” meaning self-existent or eternal one. We can never exhaust the reasons to be praising Him.
The revelation of God’s character is witnessed by all people in the beauty of his created order, whether or not they acknowledge that fact or understand it. God’s name has been entrusted to his people. Today we who are redeemed are called God’s sons and daughters and should recognize the awesome privilege that’s been given freely to us.
We can freely approach him anytime and be welcomed into his presence. Praising God in the morning at sunrise and at every opportunity until it sets not only magnifies God in our life, it also draws us nearer to him who inhabits the praises of his people. Imagine that! God is literally enthroned upon your praises, he’s never far from you.
Praise is a powerful tool in the believer’s toolbox. The Holy Spirit within you will inspire direct and motivate you to praise God continually. In her blog, writer Debbie McDaniel names eight things praise can do:
1. Praise gets our focus off ourselves and back on God.
2. Praise brings us to a place of humility.
3. Praise makes the enemy flee.
4. Praise leaves no room for complaining and negativity.
5. Praise makes room for God’s blessings over our lives.
6. Praise invites His presence.
7. Our spirits are refreshed and renewed in His presence.
8. It paves the way for God’s power to be displayed, miracles happen. (1)
Search the Scriptures and you’ll find many more reasons to be praising God from the rising of the sun to the time of its setting, enjoy his presence all day long and Be Encouraged!
(1) “What the Power of Praise Can Do – 8 Reminders from His Word” by Debbie McDaniel, You can read her post here: https://bit.ly/3fwy1nt
*Featured image by JSPJOURNAL.COM taken at sunrise, 5/6/2020 5:44 AM.